Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Reflection #2

I think most of all I would like to be able to have a long term plan, both instructionally and hardware-wise, for the implementation of technology led instruction in the classroom. Unfortunately I feel the District is barely coming out of the stone age with its collective response to the issues that surround technology, making it rather difficult to collaboratively plan. I have my own ideas and own plans of course--some radical--and a decent proportion of these plans have to do with experimentation. Overall its not as focused as I would like it to be. Perhaps this is what I will do for my final project, school-wide planning of some sort.

2 comments:

  1. Chris, I hear your frustration. It is hard to enter the 21st century with stone age tools. We have to keep up with technology to truly engage our students!

    Karina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any way you can influence this direction in your district? Do you serve on any long-term planning committees? So often we get stuck in what we've done historically that nothing ever changes. I have this impression of you as a change agent. Maybe your final project can be to strategize a way to begin that change!

    ReplyDelete